ASCTA Refund Policy
Members and others purchasing products or services from ASCTA are entitled to a refund, exchange of repair for purchases if:
• the goods have a fault that you did not know about when purchasing
• the goods or services are not the same as we advertised or described
• the goods or services do not do the job the purchaser was to believe it would do
• the goods did not match the sample
If the service provided is not of a standard that a reasonable person would expect, the purchaser is entitled to a refund or a free repeat service.
If the purchaser has received partial use or benefit from the goods or services before a fault or problem develops they will be eligible for a partial refund or credit.
A refund or exchange is not available if:
• the purchaser cannot prove they purchased the product or service by providing a copy of the receipt or bank statement showing the purchase
• the purchaser has changed their mind, such as choosing the wrong size or finding the item cheaper elsewhere
• the product did not meet the purchasers needs which differed from the products prescribed use
• the purchaser took action that voided or damaged the product
• the purchaser knew of the fault with the product when purchasing
Where it is determined that ASCTA will refund the goods or services, this will be effected in the same manner as the payment was received – ie Cheques will be refunded by cheque, credit cards by credit card and direct debit by direct credit.
ASCTA may offer replacement items, exchanges or credit notes instead of refund by cash, cheque or reversing an electronic transaction. If the purchaser is entitled to a refund, they can insist on a refund if this is their preference. If payment was by cash such as at a convention another similar form of refund such as a cheque, money order or direct credit will be offered.
ASCTA mail order goods such as products ordered via the website, mail order or over the phone will have a 10 day sale or return caveat placed on them. If purchasers return goods in an as new resalable state within 10 days, ASCTA will refund or exchange the product. Returns will be at the purchaser’s expense or the cost of COD will be deducted from the refund.
If ASCTA offers a refund or exchange as a gesture of goodwill (when ASCTA is not legally obliged to provide a refund), ASCTA may place conditions such as a delivery fee on the refund or exchange. Such conditions or fees will be fully disclosed before agreement.
Please note you are now leaving ASCTA online Shop.